Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My cousin Mary gave me this recipie. It is a recipie she was given by a neighbour whilst living in the States. This is her son's farourite dish.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) cancampbell condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces sour cream
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco shells
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- Cook the chicken breasts by wrapping in foil and poaching (approx 10 minutes).
- Then chop them into slices.
- Scrunch the tacos in their pack.
- Mix the cream and the soup and add the chillies and the garlic.
- Put a layer of tacos into a casserole,.
- then add a layer of chicken.
- Then a layer of the cream sauce.
- then a layer of cheese.
- repeat until you have used all of the ingredients, ending up with a cheese layer.
- Bake in a medium (preheated) oven for 40- 50 minutes.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.