1/4 Photos of Chicken Smothered With Apples & Onions
This is a delicious and moist chicken that has a sweet apple and onion chunky sauce covering it. Makes your mouth smile from the inside out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a sauce pan to medium.
- 2Peel and slice the apples into small chunks.
- 3Slice the onion.
- 4Add the margarine to sauce pan.
- 5Add the onions when margarine has melted.
- 6Cook until softened - about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 7Add the water, apples and cinnamon and cook until soft - about 10 minutes.
- 8If the apples are tart, add 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- 9While the apple mixture is cooking, heat a frying pan to medium.
- 10Add the margarine.
- 11Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- 12Add the chicken to the frying pan and brown on both sides - about 10 minutes.
- 13Mix cornstarch and wine together in a bowl.
- 14When the chicken has browned on both sides but is not fully cooked, add the cornstarch and wine mixture to the frying pan.
- 15Stir to loosen any bits from the pan.
- 16Add the apple mixture to the frying pan and stir until wine and apple mixtures are combined.
- 17Cover the chicken with some of the apple mixture and lower the heat a bit until chicken is fully cooked - about 10 more minutes.
- 18Serve with apple mixture spooned over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Smothered With Apples & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.4
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 229.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g