I think next time I'd try only one can of tomatoes. We couldn't taste the peanut butter and had a zillion tomato pieces left over. Without rice or barley, each serving has 273 calories, 32 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat (2 g sat fat), and 5 g fiber
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and juices reserved
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- hot cooked brown rice or cooked barley
- 1Coat a large skillet with nonstick spray and warm over med-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or til softened.
- 3Add the chicken to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or til browned.
- 4Meanwhile in a blender combine the reserved tomato juice, salt, paprika, pepper, peanut butter, cilantro, garlic, and red-pepper flakes.
- 5Blend til smooth.
- 6Pour over the chicken and add the tomatoes.
- 7Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Reduced heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve over rice or barley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Smothered in Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 654.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g