Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthier version of the traditional sloppy joe!
- 453.59 g ground chicken, skinless
- 1 package sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onions, and bell peppers until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and worcestershire sauce; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns.
This was a great recipe! The only change I made was to add a little bit of fresh garlic to the ground chicken when I was frying it! Actually, after tasting the sloppy joes made with ground chicken, I don't think I'll be making them with the beef again! I'll certainly be making these again. Not only tasty, but healthy too. Thanks for sharing this fame26
This was delicious. I couldn't find sloppy joe seasoning mix so I used hunts manwhich sauce.I have never really used ground chicken much but we all really enjoyed it. I will be using it more from now on.
This is quick, easy and a healthy way to make Sloppy Joes. We absolutely loved them!! Thanks for sharing this, fame26 and I hope you post more recipes for me to try. :-)