Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthier version of the traditional sloppy joe!
- 1 lb ground chicken, skinless
- 1 package sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onions, and bell peppers until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and worcestershire sauce; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns.
This was a great recipe! The only change I made was to add a little bit of fresh garlic to the ground chicken when I was frying it! Actually, after tasting the sloppy joes made with ground chicken, I don't think I'll be making them with the beef again! I'll certainly be making these again. Not only tasty, but healthy too. Thanks for sharing this fame26
This was delicious. I couldn't find sloppy joe seasoning mix so I used hunts manwhich sauce.I have never really used ground chicken much but we all really enjoyed it. I will be using it more from now on.
This is quick, easy and a healthy way to make Sloppy Joes. We absolutely loved them!! Thanks for sharing this, fame26 and I hope you post more recipes for me to try. :-)