Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was clipped from a newspaper, and is an easy and quick dish to prepare on a weeknight.
- 12 ounces broad egg noodles, cooked
- 1 lb raw chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and cut julienne
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Toss chicken in flour.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute coated chicken in oil until browned.
- Add garlic, vegetables, basil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; slowly stir in chicken broth and then cream.
- When the mixture has slightly thickened, stir in hot noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper.