3 hrs 35 mins
I've been having cravings for chicken satay, and saw this recipe in an issue of 'Delicious' magazine. Passive cooking time is the time it takes to marinade the skewers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra to fry
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1For marinade, add onion, garlic, coriander, 2 tsp sugar and salt to food processor and pulse briefly. Add curry powder, oil, turmeric, and coconut mild and pulse until combined. Empty this mixture into a large bowl.
- 2Cut chicken into thin strips. Add to marinade and chill two hours or overnight in refridgerator.
- 3Soak 16 wooden skewers in cold water for half and hour.
- 4Add peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, tamarind paste, soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar, and lime juice in a bowl and mix well with electric mixer. Add 2 to 3 Tbsp boiling water , still mixing, to desired consistency and set aside.
- 5Take meat from marinade and thread on skewers. Add a little bit of oil to a frying pan and heat on high. Fry chicken skewers until just cooked through (probably needs to be done in two or three batches) and transfer to serving plate.
- 6Serve skewers with satay sauce, chopped english cucumer and dark green salad leaves or flat leaf parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Skewers With Satay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 514.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce