Recipe by Chilicat
I cut this recipe out from a People magazine.It doesn't look like anyone else has posted it yet so I'll go ahead and share it in case it strikes anyone's fancy. The blend of molasses, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce sounds tantalizing.
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (or 2 tsp. hot sauce)
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut lengthwise into 1-in .-wide strips
- 36 -40 wooden skewers (6-in.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Whisk to combine. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece onto each skewer. Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Heat reserved marinade and boil for 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Bake chicken in middle of oven for 10 minutes. Flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake for about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
- Note: I'm guessing you could also grill these for about 4 minutes per side to add some extra depth of flavor.