Recipe by swissms
Alton Brown for Turning Leaf Vineyards. "The recipe takes inspiration from Indonesian street-food - chicken satay."
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coriander and cumin seeds in heavy dry skillet, tossing occasionally over high heat. When seeds just start to smoke, remove from heat and pour onto plate to cool. Grind in mortar and pestle or electric coffee grinder. Combine cumin and coriander with other spices in small bowl. Grind peanuts in coffee grinder until they are the size of small crumbs. Add to spices. Add just enough sesame oil to mixture to form paste.
- Rub paste on chicken and marinate overnight.
- Thread chicken onto skewars and grill over medium-hot heat until just cooked through. (If using bamboo skewars, soak in warm water for half an hour before cooking.).