Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great hot wings, the hot sauce mixture that you dip it in before cooking does seem to lack a good flavor. I think I need to find a nice flavored hot sauce that has more flavor then heat, but the texture of the chicken skewers reminds me of the type that they serve at Applebee's.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cut chicken into equal finger-size chicken pieces.
- Marinate in buttermilk for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Drain chicken, saving reserve buttermilk.
- Roll the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip the chicken once more in buttermilk, then roll again in the flour mixture.
- Fry chicken in 350° frying oil until golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and hot sauce until combined.
- Toss cooked chicken in hot sauce mix and remove with slotted spoon.
- Skewer the pieces and serve with favorite dip.
- Note: You could pulse the chicken in a blender for dip and garnish with favorite dip.