Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This is a recipe from Indonesia from a learning packet at my DD's culinary school. I have added approximate cooking times. I have not tried this recipe but my DD has indicated to me that she liked it.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 2.46 ml ginger (minced)
- 1.23 ml coriander (ground)
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic (minced)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper (ground)
- 29.58 ml ketjap manis
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 12 chicken breasts (boneless tenderloins)
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Ketjap Manis:.
- Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan, bring to a boil (stir frequently) and then reduce on simmer to a syrup consistency, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add soy, molasses, coriander, black pepper, and ginger and simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Mix garlic, salt, pepper, ketjap manis, lime juice and oil and add chicken to a resealable plastic bag.
- Soak bamboo skewers in extra water for 1 hour to help prevent burning.
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- After marinating is complete, skewer chicken tenderloins and grill them on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.