Recipe by Girl from India
zzzzzzzzzzzzzssssssssssssss...................... Hear the sizzle folks it is sizzler time!!! Don't you just love it when it is served in a restaurant and everybody turns to look as to who is being served!!!!! (I have been educated by a friend in the states that the concept of a sizzler does not exist in the US ) Fish or beef can be used instead of the chicken with equally good results. This recipe comes courtesy a friend.
- 500 g chicken breasts (4 halfs)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 medium cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets or 2 cups broccoli florets
- 22 French beans
- any vegetables, you like can be added to this i add carrots and french fries too to the platter.
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non stick pan, (preferably) heat the oil Saute the garlic till light brown and then add the onion and stir fry till light brown.
- Stir the mushrooms and the flour into the pan and brown.
- Throw in the salt, pepper chilli sauce, chicken, wine& water.
- Mix and simmer covered for 20 mins till the chicken is tender.
- Put on med.
- high and cook till the sauce thickens.
- In the meanwhile cut the tomatoes in half and grill in a skiller.
- Steam cabbage, cauliflower/ broccoli and the beans and carrots In another nonstick pan steep the sliced onion in the worcestershire sauce and simmer covered till onion becomes tender.
- To Serve: Either serve on a hot platter (sizzler plate- I use cast iron skillets, I have 3) or on a warm plate.
- If using sizzler plates make them hot.
- Place lettuce or cabbage leaves at the bottom.
- Place the meat slices and the vegetables on the platter and pour the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle little cold water on the hot plate to make it sizzle just before serving.
- Note: Fish sizzler can also be made in the same way.