1 hr 10 mins
Girl from India's Note:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzssssssssssssss...................... Hear the sizzle folks it is sizzler time!!! Don't you just love it when it is served in a restaurant and everybody turns to look as to who is being served!!!!! (I have been educated by a friend in the states that the concept of a sizzler does not exist in the US ) Fish or beef can be used instead of the chicken with equally good results. This recipe comes courtesy a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g chicken breasts (4 halfs)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/4 medium cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets or 2 cups broccoli florets
- 22 French beans
- any vegetables, you like can be added to this i add carrots and french fries too to the platter.
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1In a non stick pan, (preferably) heat the oil Saute the garlic till light brown and then add the onion and stir fry till light brown.
- 2Stir the mushrooms and the flour into the pan and brown.
- 3Throw in the salt, pepper chilli sauce, chicken, wine& water.
- 4Mix and simmer covered for 20 mins till the chicken is tender.
- 5Put on med.
- 6high and cook till the sauce thickens.
- 7In the meanwhile cut the tomatoes in half and grill in a skiller.
- 8Steam cabbage, cauliflower/ broccoli and the beans and carrots In another nonstick pan steep the sliced onion in the worcestershire sauce and simmer covered till onion becomes tender.
- 9To Serve: Either serve on a hot platter (sizzler plate- I use cast iron skillets, I have 3) or on a warm plate.
- 10If using sizzler plates make them hot.
- 11Place lettuce or cabbage leaves at the bottom.
- 12Place the meat slices and the vegetables on the platter and pour the sauce on top.
- 13Sprinkle little cold water on the hot plate to make it sizzle just before serving.
- 14Note: Fish sizzler can also be made in the same way.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sizzler
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 921.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: