Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister in law gave me this recipe. It is pretty darn good. Thanks Janet!
- 5 -6 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Pound the chicken breast halves to flatten.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of each breast, roll up, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip each breast into beaten egg, then roll in mixture of half flour and half bread crumbs until well coated.
- Place breasts in greased baking dish.
- Mix parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme into melted butter. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes in a 325 deg. F. oven.
- Pour wine over chicken and bake another 25-30 minutes.
I make almost the same dish but I stuff the chicken with swiss cheese and use procutto (sp?) ham then I roll in flour, egg and pepperidge farm crushed breadcrumbs ....love it
I first discovered this recipe in Connecticut Cooks. It is now a favorite of mine that I make over and over. I love this dish!
The chicken ended up incredibly tender, which i s unusual after 50 minutes of baking; however, there was altogether too much butter for our taste. My kids also wouldn't eat it "because of that green stuff on top," but that was expected and didn't factor into my rating.