1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Simple and tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups basic tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, about 8 dashes
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, bone-in and skin-on
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a large heavy bottomed saucepot over medium-high heat, combine the Basic Tomato Sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, sugar, ale, and hot sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer until reduced by half and thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper. Heat a large oven proof skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Sear the chicken pieces on all sides until well-browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 4Add the prepared BBQ sauce making sure to cover all the chicken pieces.
- 5Add 1 cup of water if more liquid is needed to cover.
- 6Place the skillet into the oven and bake until the chicken easily falls off the bone and the sauce is slightly thickened and caramelized on top, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Serve hot or serve cold as leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Simmered in BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 2032.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g