1/1 Photo of Chicken Shwarma Salad! W/Maple Syrup, Old Cheddar and Blueberrie
How to make a greek shwarma fuse with canadian!! this is delicious From the calgary sun, this took first place in the Great Chefs City Salads contest by Eileen Campbell. the dressing used was Renee's Gourmet sweet onion vinaigrette. Time does not include marinade of 1-4 hours
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Shawarma Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sweet onion vinaigrette, divided
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced in 8 rings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach (1 bag but i dont have one here to be sure of size so guessed)
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup shredded white aged cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1Shawarma Spice Blend: In a bowl combine cinnamon, salt, pepper, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom.
- 2n a shallow glass dish, combine chicken breasts with 1/2 cup of the sweet onion vinaigrette. Marinate in the fridge for 1 to 4 hours.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with Shawarma spice blend to coat lightly. Grill or broil chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in centre. Set aside to cool; cut in diagonal strips.
- 4In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook apple rings in 1/4c maple syrup until softened and slightly caramelized. Remove to a rack and cool.
- 5Toss pecans with remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven, stirring often, for 12 to 15 minutes or until toasted and glazed. Cool.
- 6Divide spinach among 4 plates. Top with onion rings, shredded cheese, pecans, blueberries, apple rings and sliced chicken. Drizzle salads with remaining 1/2 cup sweet onion vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Shwarma Salad! W/Maple Syrup, Old Cheddar and Blueberrie
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 566.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: