A very popular middle eastern dish. Traditionally cooked rotisserie style, this method allows you to recreate the flavor and texture on a much more economical and smaller scale.
- Cut the chicken breasts, into long, slim strips, then into lengths that are about an inch long.
- Put them into a bowl, and allow them to marinate in the lemon juice and rind, olive oil, crushed and diced garlic, yoghurt, tomato paste, salt, pepper and spices.
- Allow 24 hours for the flavors to develop. [ i know it seems like a long wait, but it'll be worth it].
- The following day, remove and drain the chicken pieces from the marinade, and saute them for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot as a mezze or for sandwiches along with thinly sliced onions, deseeded tomato, pickles, and fresh baked pita.