1/4 Photos of Chicken Shwarma, My Way.
24 hrs 10 mins
Maya's Mama's Note:
A very popular middle eastern dish. Traditionally cooked rotisserie style, this method allows you to recreate the flavor and texture on a much more economical and smaller scale.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts, into long, slim strips, then into lengths that are about an inch long.
- 2Put them into a bowl, and allow them to marinate in the lemon juice and rind, olive oil, crushed and diced garlic, yoghurt, tomato paste, salt, pepper and spices.
- 3Allow 24 hours for the flavors to develop. [ i know it seems like a long wait, but it'll be worth it].
- 4The following day, remove and drain the chicken pieces from the marinade, and saute them for 10 minutes.
- 5Serve hot as a mezze or for sandwiches along with thinly sliced onions, deseeded tomato, pickles, and fresh baked pita.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Shwarma, My Way.
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 225.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 24.1 g