1/2 Photos of Chicken Shwarma - Chawarma Lahme
24 hrs 10 mins
Mme M's Note:
As part of a mezze, or as the main ingredient in a sandwich, or pita wrap, this is a flavorful, homey recipe. This recipe is translated from Cuisine du Liban by Pomme Larmoyer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts, or just white chicken meat, into long, slim strips, then into lengths that are about an inch long.
- 2Put them into a bowl or other container, and allow them to marinate in the lemon juice (or white vinegar, if you want), olive oil, crushed and diced garlic, yoghurt, tomato paste, salt, pepper and spices.
- 3Allow 24 hours for the flavors to develop.
- 4The following day, remove and drain the chicken pieces from the marinade, and saute them for 10 minutes.
- 5Serve hot as a mezze or for sandwiches along with thinly sliced onions, deseeded tomato, and any other crudites, or pickled crudites.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Shwarma - Chawarma Lahme
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 300.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.1 g