This is delicious! I am not an experienced cook by any means, but this was easy! I initially got the idea from a soup recipe, but changed the wonton ingredients to suit and added to the soup. Great meal and feeds 4-6 people ... the only thing I had to go out and buy was the wonton wrappers and spring onion! It is surprisingly filling! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 150 g ground chicken
- 32 shrimp
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1Very finely slice the spring onion into long strips (about 6 cms long) and place in a bowl of ice cold water so they curl.
- 2Combine all the soup ingredients and simmer while you finish the wontons.
- 3Mix all the wonton filling ingredients together and place a teaspoon of filling in each wonton paper, along with one shrimp.
- 4Wet the edges of the wontons and fold upwards so it makes a little parcel.
- 5Place the completed wontons onto a large plate dusted with flour so they don't stick together.
- 6Complete all wonton's before starting to cook them.
- 7Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- 8When the water is rapidly boiling, place 6-8 of the wonton's in at a time to cook for about 5 minutes.
- 9Drain and place the cooked wonton's into a bowl that you will serve the soup in (around 8 wontons each).
- 10Take the spring onion garnish out of the water and place a bit on top of the wonton's.
- 11Pour some of the soup over the top of the wonton's and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Shrimp Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 2678.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g