Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Elegant & delicious, yet simple!
- 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup petite diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, in a skillet heat oil, and add seasoned chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add shrimp and cook until done (just when it turns pinkish). Remove and add to chicken.
- Sauté pepper and onion and garlic and set aside.
- In a saucepan mix together olive oil, butter, flour, milk, cream and parsley. Bring to a slight boil and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes; stir in tomatoes.
- Stir in meat and vegetables and mix in pasta. Mix until well coated and serve with tomato basil mozzarella cheese (Sargento).
This was really good! I just used the chicken, and I marinated it in Italian dressing and then cooked in on the george forman grill.