Recipe by Baby Kato
For something a little spicy...try this dish...If you like it hotter add more chile pepper, if you prefer it sweeter add more coconut ...One of those dishes that never quite taste the same twice...but always tastes great.
- 1⁄2 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled,deveined
- 2 cups cooked chicken, skinless,2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh (may substitute lemon)
- 3 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, piece,cut coarsely
- 1⁄8 cup cilantro, fresh,chopped
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped (TO TASTE, USE RUBBER GLOVES TO CHOP CHILE)
- 2 whole dried hot red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 -3 cups coconut milk (TO TASTE)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate shrimp with salt, pepper, turmeric and lime for 2 hours, covered in refrigerator.
- Brown garlic and most of sliced onion in oil.
- Remove vegetables and place along with ginger, cilantro, green chiles and the rest of the onion, into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Add red peppers and mustard seeds to pan used to brown garlic and onions.
- Fry peppers and mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
- Add onion paste and coconut milk to red peppers and mustard seeds.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- (until oil rises to the top) Saute shrimp in oil, until firm (4-7 minutes).
- Add cooked shrimp and chicken to curry, heat thoroughly and serve over steamed rice.