1/3 Photos of Chicken & Shrimp Curry With Coconut & Green Chilies
Baby Kato's Note:
For something a little spicy...try this dish...If you like it hotter add more chile pepper, if you prefer it sweeter add more coconut ...One of those dishes that never quite taste the same twice...but always tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled,deveined
- 2 cups cooked chicken, skinless,2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh (may substitute lemon)
- 3 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, piece,cut coarsely
- 1/8 cup cilantro, fresh,chopped
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped (TO TASTE, USE RUBBER GLOVES TO CHOP CHILE)
- 2 whole dried hot red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 -3 cups coconut milk (TO TASTE)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Marinate shrimp with salt, pepper, turmeric and lime for 2 hours, covered in refrigerator.
- 2Brown garlic and most of sliced onion in oil.
- 3Remove vegetables and place along with ginger, cilantro, green chiles and the rest of the onion, into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- 4Add red peppers and mustard seeds to pan used to brown garlic and onions.
- 5Fry peppers and mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
- 6Add onion paste and coconut milk to red peppers and mustard seeds.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- 8(until oil rises to the top) Saute shrimp in oil, until firm (4-7 minutes).
- 9Add cooked shrimp and chicken to curry, heat thoroughly and serve over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Shrimp Curry With Coconut & Green Chilies
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.8
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 685.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: