Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my family's favorite cajun meals.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 lb shrimp (raw, peeled)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- In a large deep skillet with a lid, saute onions,garlic,celery and green peppers in olive oil.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown chicken in skillet and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add sliced sausage,tomatoes,sauteed vegetables,cajun seasoning,Tabasco sauce,water and rice.
- Put lid on skillet and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 more minutes.
Very good, only thing I changed was to use chicken broth instead of water, and added a couple dashes of liquid smoke. Thanks for an easy jambalaya recipe.