Recipe by Kim127
I got the original recipe from "Off the Hook". I reduced the amount of roux because I thought it came out too thick the first time I made it, but if you like thick sauce double the amounts of flour and butter for more roux. I also increased the amount of garlic :)
Top Review by BeachGirl
What a nice change from shrimp with red sauce! Only changes I made were to add 4 ounces Kielbasa sausage (cubed) and some seasonings: 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, and 1 tsp. Greek seasonings. There uas just the right amount of sauce, and the green onions and pimemto added nice color. I will serve over rice or a large Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shell. Very yummy. Reasonably low-fat, too. This is definitely a winner!
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 29.58 ml flour
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 226.79 g white mushroom, sliced
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered (canned or cooked)
- 59.16 ml chopped pimiento
- 118.29 ml scallion, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 236.59 ml clam juice
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make roux: melt 1 tbsp butter in a heavy saucepan, stir in flour and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, chicken and mushrooms in the remaining 3 tbsp butter, stirring constantly until the shrimp lose their translucence.
- Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes then add wine and cook at high heat until wine evaporates.
- Add artichoke hearts, pimientos, scallions and parsley.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice and lemon juice.
- Add the cooked roux and stir until thickened.
- Add the seasonings and blend well.
- Serve over cooked rice.