1/2 Photos of Chicken, Shrimp and Rice
I got the original recipe from "Off the Hook". I reduced the amount of roux because I thought it came out too thick the first time I made it, but if you like thick sauce double the amounts of flour and butter for more roux. I also increased the amount of garlic :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered (canned or cooked)
- 4 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1/2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- cooked rice
- 1Make roux: melt 1 tbsp butter in a heavy saucepan, stir in flour and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, chicken and mushrooms in the remaining 3 tbsp butter, stirring constantly until the shrimp lose their translucence.
- 3Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes then add wine and cook at high heat until wine evaporates.
- 4Add artichoke hearts, pimientos, scallions and parsley.
- 5Cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add clam juice and lemon juice.
- 7Add the cooked roux and stir until thickened.
- 8Add the seasonings and blend well.
- 9Serve over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Shrimp and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 268.5 mg
- Sodium 1098.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g