1/17 Photos of Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya
1 hr 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
A Cajun classic, meal in one pot! Have the hot sauce ready to splash on. Serve with some crusty french bread, a nice crisp salad, and some of your favorite wine. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 453.59 g andouille sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 354.88 ml long grain rice
- 396.89 g can tomatoes, chopped,with juice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth or 473.18 ml stock
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large pan or Dutch oven, brown chicken in hot oil on both sides; remove and drain.
- 3Add andouille, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.
- 4Add rice, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring to a boil.
- 5Place rice mixture in a baking dish or oven-proof casserole; top with chicken; cover (can use foil) and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are done and tender.
- 6Stir in shrimp, parsley, and green onions; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until shrimp curl and turn bright pink and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 139.1 mg
- Sodium 1267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.2 g