Recipe by utahmomtotwo
I started making this recipe when my kids were little. Now that they are teenagers I have to double it so they get enough. Feel free to switch around the herbs in the shortcake to vary the flavor if you wish.
Top Review by Breezytoo
This is so good! We love the flavor combos and its a quick easy meal to put together! I did add another 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch because it seemed a little too thin, but other then that, didn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing your recipe~ I'll be making this again! :) Made for PAC Fall 08
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley and sage in bowl. Add milk and oil; mix just until combined.
- Transfer dough to sprayed cookie sheet; pat into a 7 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in skillet cook mushrooms and onion, stirring frequently 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are golden and cooked through.
- In small bowl, with whisk, combine broth, lemon juice and cornstarch, blending to dissolve cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring constantly for 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken, sour cream, salt and pepper; simmer, stirring constantly, 2 minutes longer.
- Just before serving cut shortcake into 4 pieces. Top with chicken mixture.