Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and delicious. We love this on the grill or made in the oven during winter.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I use the sodium reduced variety)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- green pepper, in chunks
- 1 large onion, in chunks
- cherry tomatoes
- Mix ingredients together; marinate chicken for a minute 1 hour.
- Thread veggies on skewers alternating with chicken.
- Grill till chicken is cooked or bake in oven at 350° for 45 minute on a pan with water below it.
- Serve with rice.
These are delicious. They taste just like the ones we had while we were in turkey. Thanks for this excellent recipe.
A really easy and tasty marinade.The addition of some grated ginger would be great,and maybe a little chopped chilli too. Thanks Lorrie for such a simple and delicious dish!!
We really enjoyed this marinade!!! I used on 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, that I left whole. I then made vegetable skewers with onion and green pepper. The only other change I made was that I only put 2 Tablespoons sugar in the marinade. Thanks for sharing Lorrie. Made for holiday tag.