Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of our family's favorite recipes. It can be used with chicken or pork. The marinade is a must--the longer the better! We prefer it with red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, but the original recipe calls for green bell peppers. The sauce is especially tasty too! It's similar to a sweet and sour sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into big pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into big peices
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic cloves or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Marinate the meat for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the cubes of meat on the skewers, alternating with the peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Grill on the BBQ or in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil for a few minutes until it starts to thicken a little.
- Serve with rice.
This was a wonderful dinner. I didn't have mushrooms, but had zucchini and it was great. I could have eaten all the skewers by myself!! Even my VERY picky 92 year old Mom enjoyed it...and she hates eating altogether. This o
These were absolutely delicious! Relatively simple to prepare and oh goodness that sauce!!! My fiancé makes me sweet and sour chicken the Chinese way, but this sauce with the vinegar and pineapple juice was just divine - the pineapple is a lovely addition!
DELICIOUS! I made these for a nice summer dinner tonight and they were amazing. I made them with a side of brown rice and as suggested by a reviewer, used pineapple chunks instead of mushroom. Great meal! Will make again!