Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Chicken Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat enough water to cover breasts in large saute pan.
- You may add 1 cup of dry white wine or seasoning to the water if desired.
- Bring water to low simmer and add breasts.
- Always keep liquid below boiling point.
- Cook partially covered until breasts are firm to touch.
- Do not overcook.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cube poached chicken.
- Cook onion and celery in 1 tbsp butter until tender.
- Add flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp garlic and chicken broth.
- Add sage, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of garlic and the chicken.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Mash potatoes with yogurt, remaining butter and garlic.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes.