1/1 Photo of Chicken Shepherd's Pie
Terri Newell's Note:
I can't believe this recipe isn't already posted. But maybe it's so simple, people do it without thinking about it. At our house, this is one of our favorite things to do with leftover chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1Cook potatoes until tender. Drain and mash. If desired, whip with butter and milk.
- 2Spread about half the potatoes in a round 2 litre casserole.
- 3Mix chicken, soup and vegetables. Spread over potato layer.
- 4Top with remaining potatoes.
- 5Bake at 350 until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 6We like all things cheesy, so I usually put one cup grated cheese on top of the chicken layer, before the top layer of potatoes.
- 7You can substitute an equal amount of chicken gravy for the soup.
- 8This reheats very well in the microwave. In fact, sometimes I assemble it and put it in the fridge for the next night. Then I don't bother putting it in the oven at all, I just scoop out bowls full and zap them.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 643.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 36.3 g