1/2 Photos of Chicken Shawarma
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Posted for ZWT6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, recommended brand Montreal
- 1 lemon, Juice of, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 4 pita bread
- 1Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to high.
- 2In a bowl, combine the coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, paprika and grill seasoning. And the juice of half a lemon, the garlic and about 3 tablespoons olive oil and stir until it is paste-like.
- 3Slather the mixture all over the chicken until it is well-coated.
- 4Transfer to the grill and cook on each side for 6-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- 5Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest before thinly slicing.
- 6Once the chicken is working, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Once you see the oil ripple, add the onions and peppers, and season with some salt and pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to wilt. Once the onions are working make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the juice of the remaining half lemon, the tahini, yogurt, some salt and a small drizzle of olive oil. Mix to combine.
- 8Place the pitas on the grill to warm them and give them a light char, about 1 minute on each side. To assemble, place some of the sliced chicken on each pita, top with some of the pepper and onion mixture, and a good dollop of the yogurt-tahini sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Shawarma
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: