Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This dish is normally a dry dish. Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti.
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters
- 2 medium capsicums, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- Dice the chicken in cubes.
- Put Lemon Juice and salt on the chicken and fold well and set aside.
- Take the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and chili powder in an electric blender.
- Add yogurt and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the chicken and leave for two hours or preferably overnight.
- Place the chicken in a pan and fry it over a high heat by adding some oil on the pan.
- Lower the heat and let the chicken cook till tender.
- Take another fry pan and heat some oil.
- Fry the onions over a medium heat until well browned.
- Add the capsicum and fry for a further 4 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Add this mixture to the cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on it and serve it hot.