Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was in my recipe box, copied and placed there with the best intentions but now maybe I'll make it!
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- orange wedge
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken in a large, heavy skillet.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes; turning occasionally.
- Uncover and increase heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened; turning chicken again after about 15 minutes.
- Alternate chicken and orange wedges on a platter and serve.