Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Minced meat with oriental spices makes a great snack item.
- 1⁄2 kg boneless skinless chicken breast
- 100 g grams lentils
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed (Sufaid Zeera)
- 15 g red chilies, pods (Saabut Lal Mirch)
- 1 black cardamom pod (Bari Kaali Ilaichi)
- 10 black peppercorns (Kaali Mirch)
- 2 garlic cloves (Lehsan)
- 1 inch piece cinnamon stick (Dal Cheeni)
- 1 inch piece gingerroot (Adrak)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed (Saabut Dhania)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- salt (to taste)
- oil (as needed, for shallow frying)
- Pour 3 cups of water in a pan, add chicken, washed lentils, all of the dry spices, ginger, and garlic. Boil mixture on medium heat until the meat becomes tender.Check that the mixture is just about dry. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
- Grind chicken mixture in a food processor.
- Break off 1 tablespoon of the mince paste, wet your palm and place it in the center of your palm. and make into round shape and then flatten each ball in the palm of your hand.
- Repeat this with the remaining mince. Heat a heavy based frying pan and add just enough oil to cover the surface.beat the egg and Coat the kebabs with the egg .Add 3 to 4 kababs at a time and fry on low heat to a crisp golden color on both sides.