Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from yesterday's Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Zakia Mirza.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 10 slices bread, large
- 1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peas, boiled and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, freshly made in mixer
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- red chili powder, to taste
- 4 -6 egg whites
- ghee or oil, to fry
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Boil the chicken with onion, tomato, ginger-garlic paste and salt till tender.
- Once cool, de-bone (remove the bones) the chicken.
- Grind it.
- Put the ground chicken in a bowl.
- Add the mashed peas, potato, cheese, garam masala, red chilli powder, hot sauce and salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan.
- Add spring onions.
- Stir-fry till soft.
- Add the chicken mixture.
- Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove into a bowl.
- Keep for 3 minutes.
- Now take a slice of bread and thinly spread the mixture on it.
- Cut the brown edges of the bread.
- Cut the bread into triangular shape.
- Put sesame seeds on top of the bread.
- Heat oil/ghee in a wok.
- Dip the bread slices in egg white.
- Deep fry.
- Drain excess oil on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve with salad (lots of cucumber)/tomato ketchup.