Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in my cookbook called "Just 100 calories". Prep time does not include soaking the wooden skewers.
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and cut into thin strips or 4 ounces chicken, stir-fry strips
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- Thread the chicken onto 8 presoaked wooden skewers.
- Mix 2 tbs of lemon juice, 1 tbs of soy sauce, and the honey together in a small bowl.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler to high and line the broiler rack with foil.
- Arrange the salad greens on a large serving platter and top with the sliced onion and grated carrot.
- Scatter the radishes over the greens.
- Cook the chicken kabobs under the broiler for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Mix the yogurt, the remaining lemon juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over the salad.
A great light Sunday night dinner. Made as directed except I used non-fat yogurt and quite a bit less sesame seed than the recipe suggests. I used chicken tenders - so no slicing of the chicken! Thanks for sharing!
Wow, this made a great lunch!!! I made a scaled back version of this to serve one and opted to grill the chicken strips (no skewer) and the red onion slices. My DH likes radishes, but since it was just for me, I didn't add any to our normal salad mix (lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumbers and green onions). Definitely a repeat meal for me in the future. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
This is a great light meal! I grilled the chicken strips, used just green leaf lettuce and left out the radishes. Served with some sliced French bread and it was a filling meal. Will be a regular in the hot summer months. Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.