Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a skewered chicken BBQ marinated in a blend of Himalayan herbs and spices.
Make and share this Chicken Sekuwa (Classic Nepali Chicken Skewers) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- bamboo skewer, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- melted butter, for basting
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass or 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon szechwan pepper (timur)
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, process all marinating ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Marinate chicken cubes in marinade for overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pat dry marinated chicken pieces and thread on with soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill to the desired doneness, frequently turning and basting with the melted butter.
- Serve hot with rice pilaf and stir-fried vegetables, accompanied by tomato achar.