Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container.
- Use as a seasoning for chicken, turkey, or any other poultry.
Great seasoning, I used this on 4 large chicken leg quarters, I did not have sage so left that out and did add about 2 tbs. of brown sugar. I sprinkled the legs with some olive oil and sprinkled on all of the seasoning and left to sit in the fridge for about 2 hours took out about 20 minutes before cooking to get to room temp., then baked the chicken at 425 for about 40 minutes and my family ate it up. Thank you for the great seasoning recipe.
You need to try this...I double-dawg dare ya, and I'll buy you 3 margaritas if you do!
I really like this recipe. I substituted chili powder for cayenne pepper because my kids can't tolerate any hot, and I used it on rabbit. Rabbit tastes really similar to chicken, and it tasted even more similar to chicken with this seasoning on it. My kids thought it made the rabbit taste like the pre-seasoned, precooked hot chickens you can get at grocery stores these days. I can't wait to try it on chicken.