From the excellent Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series. I've tried a number of different paella recipes but keeping coming back to this one, so thought I'd better post it. If some of the seafood is unavailable you can substitute others like clams or scallops. You can also substitute the first 4 seafood ingredients for 1kg of seafood/marinara mix from the supermarket. I sometimes substitute the fresh tomatoes for a tin of diced tomatoes too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g mussels
- 250 g medium uncooked prawns
- 250 g firm white fish fillets
- 250 g squid rings
- 4 chicken wings (or 1 chicken breast or 2 thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced (310g)
- 2 cups arborio rice (or white long grain rice)
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (or pinch of saffron, crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1Scrub mussles, remove beards. Shell and devein prawns, leaving heads and tails intact. Remove and discard wing tips from chicken and cut each wing into pieces at each joint (or cut breast/thighs into bite size pieces).
- 2Heat oil in large paella pan or wok and cook sausages until lightly browned. Drain on absorbent paper. Add chicken to pan, cook until browned and tender. Remove from pan.
- 3Add rice, spring onions and peppers to the pan and stir. Stir in saffron and tomato paste. Add 1 cup stock, cook, stirring, until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- 4Add wine, cook, stirring, until wine is nearly absorbed. Add remaining stock, cook, stirring, until stock boils.
- 5Add mussels, prawns, peas, tomatoes, fish and calamari, and cook, covered, over low heat only until mussels open.
- 6Add chicken and sausages, simmer, covered, until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Seafood Paella - Australian Women's Weekly
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 232.0 mg
- Sodium 738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: