A very quick and delicious meal that, and this is a bonus, looks attractive as well. I'm sure this is a recipe that can be adapted in many ways. It came from a Woman's Day magazine. My prep time is merely guess work. I guess I should have timed myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g package wide egg noodles
- 177.44 ml frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml flour
- 177.44 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 9.85 ml mustard powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 9.85 ml lemon pepper, divided
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, in 8 thin-sliced cutlets
- 78.07-118.29 ml oil, preferably canola
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced optional
- 1Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- 3Lightly beat eggs with milk.
- 4Place flour in bowl.
- 5In separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, mustard, salt and 1 tsp.
- 6lemon pepper.
- 7Sprinkle 1/2 tsp.
- 8lemon pepper over chicken.
- 9Lightly coat each cutlet with flour, dip into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- 10In nonstick skillet heat 1/3 cup oil over high heat.
- 11Add chicken, in batches; cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side, adding more oil, if necessary.
- 12Transfer to oven-proof plate; cover with foil.
- 13Keep warm in oven.
- 14Toss noodles with butter, parsley and remaining lemon pepper.
- 15Serve chicken and noodles with sliced lemon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Schnitzel with Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.6
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 235.4 mg
- Sodium 599.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: