Gourmet. Nov 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken cutlets (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb total)
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 59.16-88.74 ml vegetable oil
- 36.97 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml bottled capers, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- lemon wedge (serve with)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F Put an ovenproof platter in oven to warm.
- 2Gently pound each cutlet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin.
- 3Stir together flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or a pie plate. Whisk together eggs and a pinch of salt in another shallow bowl, then put bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- 4Pat chicken dry and dredge in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Dip in eggs, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs, coating completely. Transfer to a wax-paper-lined tray and chill 10 minutes.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then fry cutlets in 2 or 3 batches (without crowding), turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per batch.
- 6(Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet between batches.) Drain cutlets on paper towels, then transfer to platter in oven to keep warm.
- 7Add butter and capers to skillet and heat over moderate heat, swirling skillet, until butter is melted. Stir in parsley and pour sauce over cutlets.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Schnitzel With Capers and Parsley
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 943.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: