Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gourmet. Nov 2004.
Make and share this Chicken Schnitzel With Capers and Parsley recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken cutlets (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb total)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 4 -6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons bottled capers, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- lemon wedge (serve with)
- Preheat oven to 200°F Put an ovenproof platter in oven to warm.
- Gently pound each cutlet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin.
- Stir together flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or a pie plate. Whisk together eggs and a pinch of salt in another shallow bowl, then put bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Pat chicken dry and dredge in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Dip in eggs, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs, coating completely. Transfer to a wax-paper-lined tray and chill 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then fry cutlets in 2 or 3 batches (without crowding), turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per batch.
- (Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet between batches.) Drain cutlets on paper towels, then transfer to platter in oven to keep warm.
- Add butter and capers to skillet and heat over moderate heat, swirling skillet, until butter is melted. Stir in parsley and pour sauce over cutlets.