1/1 Photo of Chicken Schnitzel With Anchovy-Chive Butter Sauce
For those who like to complicate their chicken cutlets with a subtle anchovy-caper sauce. I saw a similar recipe on Epicurious, but they left their cutlets thick. I like mine very thin. This cuts down on cooking and you wind up eating less because it looks like more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plain
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 large egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to less than 1/4-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) can rolled anchovies over capers
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped divided
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs with paprika; in another small dish, beat egg.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dip into the egg then bread crumbs.
- 3In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter, then cook chicken, in batches, until browned, crisp, and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side; transfer to a platter.
- 4Add remaining butter and anchovies with capers to the skillet; cook over medium heat until sauce turns brown, mashing the anchovies to blend into the butter, about 1 minute.
- 5Add wine and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes; stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chives.
- 6Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with remaining chives; serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Schnitzel With Anchovy-Chive Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rolled anchovies over capers