1/13 Photos of Chicken Schnitzel
I tried this recipe from the Every Food magazine and DH and I just loved it. The flavor, with garlic, parmesan, and a wine sauce, take it beyond the average schnitzel recipe. It's also fairly quick and easy enough for a week night meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (made from 3 slices white bread)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to an even 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Beat eggs in a shallow bowl with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2In a separate shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs (I pulse the bread slices in the food processor to get nice fresh crumbs) and parmesan cheese.
- 3Dip each cutlet into egg mixture to coat completely, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, patting it on to help it stick.
- 4For each 2 cutlets, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- 5Cook 2 cutlets at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer the cooked chicken cutlets to an oven-proof platter or pan, and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining cutlets and making the sauce.
- 7Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels.
- 8Heat butter until melted and add wine.
- 9Heat 30 seconds and stir in broth and lemon juice.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Simmer 2 minutes.
- 12Pour broth mixture over cutlets and serve.
- 13Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.9
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 220.5 mg
- Sodium 741.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 48.3 g