Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted in reply to a request.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, combo of hot and sweet,cut into bite size pieces
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, bone-in,cut into 12 pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vinegared sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hot cherry pepper, halved
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar, from vinegared bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 boiled potatoes, cut in wedges
- Saute sausage until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Pat chicken dry (I remove the skin) and saute for about 15 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Stir in peppers, onion, and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, or until veges are tender and beginning to brown.
- Drain off all excess oil.
- Add sausage to the pan.
- Add wine and chicken broth to chicken, sausage, and vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Stir in hot vinegared peppers, vinegar, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring all to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until sauce is reduced.
- Add boiled potato wedges, heat though and serve.
Excellent! Everyone I share the recipe with loves it!
Awsome this one is a keeper!!!
Just great! I had to do it again in the same week, I use more hot peppers because I love hot food, but it was a great dinner.