Recipe by kitchenslave03
Another winner by Rachael Ray! Serve with Orzo with Parsley and Lemon Zest. The only thing I do differently is thicken the sauce slightly.
Top Review by Linky
Wow - this was great! I had to substitute half an onion b/c one of my peppers was yucky - I'd probably use onion again - it's always on hand. I served it over brown rice. DH would definitely like me to make this again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 hot cherry peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper juice, from jar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over med-high. Cut chicken into large chunks and season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Add 1 T oil to hot pan. Set chicken in pan, and do not turn for 2-3 minute Brown 3 minutes on each side, then remove.
- Add bell peppers, hot peppers, and garlic to pan. Saute 5 min, tossing and turning frequently.
- Add wine to pan and reduce 1 minute Scrape up pan drippings. Add broth and bring up to a bubble.
- Set chicken back in pan. Toss parsley with chicken and peppers, and cook chicken through, 2-3 minute Stir pepper juice into pan.
- Serve over orzo.