Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2
- 1⁄4 cup fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, no substitute
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 links Italian sausage, sweet or hot -- sauteed and cut into 1 (good quality)
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup Italian olives, pitted (green or black or combo, good quality)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- to taste fresh basil, cut into thin strips or dried to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and let sit a few minutes Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan on med/low heat. Add garlic and saute just until garlic softens, do not brown.
- Add chicken and saute until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and saute about 3 minutes Add all other ingredients except wine and saute about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly
This is a wonderful, flavorful dish. I added more garlic and cut back on the amount of butter. I also browned the chicken and slow roasted the entire dish for 2 hours at 325 degrees to give all the flavors time to meld. The meat was incredibly tender and the sauce was incredible.
I have made this. I too use Oregano. I don't use the capers or olives (my preference) Other then that, the recipe is pretty close to my own, which is pretty good.
I am a chicken scarpariello fanatic and this is not it. Rosemary is the key not basil and where is the lemon? Really not enjoyable for all the work. Sorry.