Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A popular restaurant-style dish that can be prepared at home with great results, I have made this many times, it is *very* good! --- the success of this dish will depend on the quality of Parmesan cheese that you use so use the best! The garlic amount may be adjusted to taste, and use whipping cream only for this!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (to taste, or use pinch cayenne) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (can use less)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whipping cream (use whipping cream only!)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste, more for topping)
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked (or to taste, or use penne pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken breasts into four long strips; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 1/2 cup butter with the olive oil over medium heat; add green onions, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and garlic; cook stirring for 2 minutes no more than 2 minutes or the garlic will start to burn) then stir in lemon juice.
- Add in chicken strips then sprinkle with seasoned salt and black pepper; cook stirring with wooden spoon over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Add in whipping cream and Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until heated and mixed through, about 6-8 minutes (there might be traces of butter around the edges of the skillet, don't worry everything will mix in together once it is tossed with the pasta).
- Add in cooked pasta; toss with the cream sauce to coat, then sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.