1/2 Photos of Chicken Scampi Risotto
Delicious!!! This came from an online friend and it's just to die for!!
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into small strips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 9 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth (heated with juice of 2 lemons)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Beat egg in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- 2Combine bread crumbs with 1/4 cup grated cheese in a large bowl.
- 3Add chicken and toss well.
- 4Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 5Add half of chicken and stir fry about 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Repeat with remaining chicken and 3 more tablespoons oil.
- 8In same skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat.
- 9Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened, but not browned.
- 10Add rice, stirring constantly, and cook 5 minutes more, making sure rice does not brown.
- 11Add wine, stirring CONSTANTLY, and let wine totally evaporate.
- 12When wine is evaporated, begin adding broth (make sure you keep the broth simmering in another pot!).
- 131/2 cup (or one ladle) at a time, letting each addition evaporate before adding the next.
- 14After fourth addition of broth is added, begin tasting rice after each addition has evaporated.
- 15Rice should be al dente when done.
- 16After 4th addition, add chicken.
- 17When risotto is to the desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in butter, grated cheese and parsley.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Scampi Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.9
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.2 mg
- Sodium 870.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g